Small businesses can use CHATGPT and AI to help in just about every phase of their business.
Never again face a blank screen. Simply type in what you need or want in detail and CHATGPT can provide you with dozens of ideas. Better yet it can write full samples of your advertising.
You then edit it, keep the good and throw away the bad. Reword it to sound more like you and PRESTO you have a new post or ad in minutes.
Vu Hoang writes about six ways you can leverage CHATGPT in your business. You can start playing with CHATGPT for free, use these tips to help you get started.
Once again, our friends at Forbes provide another excellent article to help small businesses.
Six Ways Small Businesses Can Leverage ChatGPT For Success
By Vu Hoang
Forbes Councils Member
Expertise from Forbes Councils members, operated under license. Opinions expressed are those of the author.| Membership (fee-based)
Vu Hoang is the CEO and Founder of RocketLevel, a leading all-in-one marketing platform.
Unless you’ve been living on the far side of the moon, you’ve probably heard about ChatGPT. This AI-powered chatbot is taking the world of business by storm, gaining more than 1 million users in its first five days. But is it really worth all the hype, especially for small businesses?
In my opinion, yes. ChatGPT is a free AI content generator that can create various kinds of content, from marketing emails to white papers and more. But writing content is just the tip of the iceberg of what ChatGPT can do.
ChatGPT can automate a wide variety of tasks that are currently eating up valuable human hours in your business, improving the efficiency of operations overall. If you’re a business owner who is trying to stretch every penny, get more done and reach more customers, ChatGPT can help you do it.
ChatGPT Isn’t Just Another Chatbot
Chatbots have been around since the 1960s, when a program called Eliza was developed to simulate the experience of speaking with a therapist. Since then, chatbots have proliferated, answering questions, providing resources and offering customer service via both phone and the internet. But ChatGPT is different. It’s more powerful and more human than any of the chatbots that came before.
MORE FOR YOU
In the past, chatbots could only deliver pre-canned answers programmed by administrators. They functioned like a search engine, picking relevant data from a knowledge base. There wasn’t a lot of I in the AI.
ChatGPT, however, can understand intent better than chatbots of the past. It collects data nonstop by searching the internet, which it remembers and “learns” from to fine-tune itself endlessly.
Six Ways To Leverage ChatGPT In Your Small Business
- Automate your customer service. ChatGPT can offer 24/7 customer support by answering customer questions, placing orders and providing resources automatically, which frees up your staff to work on more critical tasks. Customers will love the instant response time, potentially improving customer service scores. ChatGPT’s AI can also make personalized recommendations to customers based on their profiles.
- Automate your company’s social media marketing. ChatGPT can not only handle the most daunting part of social media marketing (writing posts), but it can also schedule posts, analyze engagement data and reply to customer messages automatically.
- Schedule appointments without the wait. Who wants to go through the hassle of calling an office to make an appointment anymore? Chatbots like ChatGPT can book appointments instantly, without making the customer languish on hold or wait until the office is open.
- Automate marketing tasks. With ChatGPT able to write content in seconds, it can create custom-tailored marketing messages to specific customers and send them out without human interaction. For example, it can write a sales email and include personalized offers targeted specifically to that client instead of a broader target audience. In marketing, targeting a specific audience is key. ChatGPT takes that philosophy and supercharges it.
- Collect and analyze customer feedback. ChatGPT can collect, sort and analyze customer reviews and feedback to provide insights into brand perception, common problems and feedback patterns that your business can use to enhance processes and products.
- Improve decision making across your organization. AI can analyze vast amounts of data in seconds, identifying trends, predicting consumer behaviors and providing insights your leaders can use to optimize decision making.
Downsides To Using ChatGPT
ChatGPT may sound like a solution to every problem, but it comes with its own set of risks, too. Before you consider employing ChatGPT to automate aspects of your business, consider these drawbacks.
- Losing the personal touch clients crave. While ChatGPT can be incredibly helpful in automating certain tasks, over-reliance on automation can strip your business of the personal, human touch that customers appreciate. It’s the human element that drives customers to build relationships with your brand, and those relationships are worth far more than the money saved by automation.
- Technical glitches could leave your business in a lurch. AI and ChatGPT are relatively new technologies with plenty of potential for technical glitches and bugs. If you rely solely on AI to handle your marketing, customer service or scheduling, a technical glitch could bring your business to a halt until the problem is fixed.
- Written content still needs a human touch. ChatGPT can create content in seconds, but that content needs a human polish and edit before it goes live because, no surprise, it sounds like it was written by a bot. If you want your customers to feel like they are hearing directly from you, ChatGPT can’t do that by itself, so you’ll still need to employ human writers and editors.
Early Adopters Win The Game
Business owners have to stay ahead of the competition if they want to outlast the inevitable ebbs, flows and changes in the market. It’s time to overcome the hesitancy of adopting new technology. Take a step into the future by leveraging ChatGPT to improve your business’s processes, maximize efficiency and save costs, and you can be on the cutting edge of what’s hot in today’s business world.