We can’t think of a nicer way to start the year than getting an update from Seth Godin. An Internet marketing guru that everyone should follow.
Seth Godin on the Future of Marketing
By Brian Clark www.copyblogger.comView Original
Well, I’m back in the United States from my family trip around the world. Although not officially home in Boulder, it’s time to get my podcast Unemployable fired up again.
If you’re a regular listener of Unemployable, you likely know that already. If not, I hope you’ll check it out if you’re a freelancer, entrepreneur, or otherwise self-employed (the newsletter gives you even more than just the podcast).
We’ve got a lot of special things planned for the show in 2019. But first, tune in for a word with Seth Godin about the (near) future.
If you’ve been paying attention to the world of work, the news is unavoidable. Everyone is bracing for a tech-induced transformation — and it’s already started.
As a solo or small business person, technology allows you to do things that used to require scores of employees and tons of capital — and that ability will accelerate with AI. But it’s the human being at the center of it all that will ultimately determine if you succeed or fail.
Here are just a few of the highlights from my conversation with Seth:
- Is “permission marketing” still the core of what makes marketing work?
- The enduring power of being human and connecting with other humans.
- Why consistency is more powerful (and scalable) than authenticity.
- Why being a better marketer is more about making a conceptual shift than a tactical one.
- What “status roles” are and why understanding this concept is so important for understanding how humans make decisions.
- What Seth means when he says, “Most people prefer the blamelessness of I’m for everyone than the responsibility of I’m for someone.”
- Why automation and AI will not create, but continue, the long-standing trend of technology replacing jobs that don’t require a human touch.
If you like what you hear, make sure to subscribe using your favorite podcast service:
Or just search for “Unemployable” wherever you prefer to listen. To get the full experience (with extra weekly content and upcoming free bonuses), simply sign up for the Unemployable newsletter.
Thank you, and it’s great to be back!